Hi! I’m back with Weekend Things!!
Triathlon season, well actually, getting ready for triathlon season is a full swing. I know…it’s only January, but that first race of the season has a way of rolling around so darn fast. Right now I’m swimming/biking/running/strength training six days a week, and loving every single second of it!
I’m more excited about triathlon this year, than I have been in a really long time. Partially because I love the races I have lined up, and also because L and I are tackling races and training together. My calendar isn’t filled with a ton of races – there’s just three at the moment, Eagelman 70.3 in June, the NYC Triathlon in July, and Timberman 70.3 in August, but I have some lofty goals for each of them.
This year I’m working with a coach, so my training is much more structured, and a lot more focused than in past seasons. I also have a feeling it’s about to get a lot more intense. I’ve learned a lot about triathlon and training over the years, but I have to keep reminding myself that I’m not an expert….even though Google has a way of making me think I am. My coach, on the other hand, is. Which is why I’m working with her. So, I’m stepping out of my comfort zone, putting full trust in the plan and a new way of training, and having confidence it’s going to get me to my goals.
* i’ve been trying to eat a bit cleaner…buuuuuuut, i’m making an exception for these braids. I mean, how could I not?!
* i’m growing out my bangs for the wedding. About to hit the awkward bang stage any week now. Maybe this will help.
* i’m dying to make this pizza!
* now that serial is over (sigh!), i’m filling the void with these food podcasts.
* i could eat this for breakfast everyday.
* have i ever told you how much i love indian food? i do! and, i want to eat this for dinner and a regular basis!
* yes to seared tofu banh mi sandwiches!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!